Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowing in Lewiston

We have snow so rarely in Lewiston,  and today I woke up to several inches of it.  I try to capture the magic of the snow with pictures, but most of those I take end up with the flash capturing the sparkles of snow that are falling.

I think I'd take lots of pictures of snow if I was a famous photographer.  I'm fascinated by the snow because it's clean, fresh, quiet, bright.  My friend Grace told me she woke up at 1:30 AM because the snow made it so bright outside.  We even cancelled our 4th Day reunion group because of it.  I'm happy that I can stay home and enjoy the views and don't have to drive anywhere this morning.  
I imagine the skiers are elated today!  I remember riding up chair lifts and just marveling at the beauty of the snow draped over all the evergreen trees along the way!  
So, I'm snowed in today reflecting along with Joyce Rupp who wrote:  "I awoke this morning to a magnificent wonderland: light sparkling on fresh snowfall, tree limbs lined a white loveliness.  The snow had transformed the earth from the drabness of a barren landscape.  Looking at the pure touch of snow I felt that freshness resting on the land also resting deeply inside of me.  God is holding out a freshness of life to me.  God is offering me a new beginning."  Events like the snowfall and wise words I read encourage me to think about the new life I'm experiencing as a retired person.  Every day offers a freshness, even if it means being snowed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment