Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Monday, November 4, 2013

Birthday celebrations

I learned from Gary Chapman's book, "The Five Love Languages," that my love language is Quality Time.  So my kids and grandkids for the past several years have honored my love language by spending time with me, sharing a meal, working on projects such as yard cleanup, hanging outdoor Christmas lights, and home improvement projects.  That quality time means more to me than diamonds or gold.  My yard is so clean today and nine black garbage bags sit near the fence waiting for pick up.  The kids gave me the best gift ever.  Karen said, "you have such a small yard, but so much to clean-up!





I have a big maple tree, three dogwoods, Ivy, and Virginia Creeper so there's lots of leaves and lots of pruning.  Anne and Bradleigh attacked the creeper, but I wanted to keep a few vines so I'd have privacy and shade in the spring.  It grows so crazy Bradleigh said, "we can't figure out where the vines are coming from."  I might be sorry, but for now the leaves are off most of the vines so the patio looks clean.



Duane ordered an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins - the frosting leaves match my outfit!!!

 I spent my actual birthday with Anne and Colin at an Arts and Crafts show in Pullman.  I gave Colin a little spending money and he surprised me with gifts better than diamonds - a sweet necklace that says, "I love my grandma," a special magnet cross, and a candle in a cup that he created just for me. He touched my heart with his generosity, not even looking for treasures for himself.  



The traditional fall picture with Mom's scarecrow - this year Odie got to be in the picture because the O'Shaughnessy's were already gone when I remembered to take the picture.

The last rose of summer, another lovely birthday gift!




No comments:

Post a Comment