Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Friday, February 1, 2013

Just in time for Valentine's Day

I've been working on a little scrap quilt project as a way to reduce my boxes of fabric.  I have a lot of red and white fabric and decided to make a nine-patch quilt, set on pointe.  I actually took this first picture on November 10, 2012, so it's taken me some time to get it finished.

Today I took a long-arm quilting class at Emerald Garden and the owner then helped me put my little quilt on the frame and showed me how to quilt using a pantograph - a design utilizing a laser beam on a paper pattern.
The finished top - it's about 66" square.  

It took me about 90 minutes from start to finish.  Notice the bandaid box!  The pins are so sharp and I needed two bandaids before I finished this project today.  I think of all the time my Mom took to set a quilt in the wooden frame and then hand quilt it!  I wonder if she'd be upset to think I've stepped over to the machine quilting side!  It's the only way I'll ever finish one.

Rolling the quilt onto the next row.

Rose design!

All that's left is the binding!  Should be able to do the hand sewing this weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment