Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Monday, December 31, 2012

Disneyland Trip #1

I tried a little blogging from my IPAD:  It is 6:30 AM on Friday, December 28th and I'm saying my morning prayers, feeling the anticipation of our trip to Disneyland. The trip is my gift to my family, a way to spend time with all of them at the "happiest place in the world." I've been praying for days to love my family and accept all their quirky behaviors and hope they accept mine as well. My advent reflection helped. Katharine Deeley writes, "peace and love are the watchwords of Christmas. Our love and care for others seems a little more generous and available in the season leading up to Christmas.  Paul's letter to the Colossians outlines the characteristics of God's people: heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, bearing with one another...and over all of these put on love.... What if we did our best to be all we can be--that is to be the face of Christ to all we meet. I'm thinking that will be my only job for the next week to remember that love came down to give me peace, which enables me to love my children and grands with no other expectations.... Be with us Lord as we grow in appreciation for each other. Your love and your grace is enough for me.

The most fun of being with the kids on the airplane is their excitement in being above the clouds. Jake wants to have a window seat on every flight. After we left the fog of Pasco we had great view of the mountains covered with snow. We were on the wrong side to see Mt. Rainier, but the right side to see the Space Needle. A glorious sight greeted us when we got off the plane in Seattle--an Alaska Airlines plane that indicated it was going to Disneyland!!

The magic of the GPS helped us get to the Hampton Inn with no trouble.  Jake and Colin hit the outdoor pool even though it was freezing outside. 55 degrees felt warm to us.  Bradleigh and I had our own room and were in bed by 10.

The morning is cloudy. John and I shared breakfast, he's miserable, needs decongestant. Paula D'Arcy writes, can I move toward deeper love? I don't think love is trying to change us. It's evoking something already within us and reaching through our precise experiences to bring it alive. Love came down and it is enough for me as we figure out what to do today.....I feel grateful for this special time. Like after Christmas bargains...I find bargains in time we spend together sharing stories in a restaurant, enjoying what the kids see, and the sunrise reflecting on the pool outside this breakfast room. Thank you, Jesus for all these bargains today.

The O'Shaughnessy's took off to meet up with former neighbors Chris and Megan Kennedy and the Wessels decided to drive to LegoLand.




It was the beginning of our waiting in line experiences for the next five days!  Little did we know that the wait times never got any better the longer we wandered around.....

We waited for almost an hour in the rain to ride the Coastasaurus and then just as we were approaching the gate they closed the ride due to rain!!!

We did manage to do a little shopping for legos and take a tour of the "factory" and see how the legos are made.  

We were just delighted to be dry, in the rental car, and arriving at The Thompson House, in Huntington Beach, which would be our home away from home for the next six days.   A gas fireplace warmed us quickly, the smell of candles burning, and a welcome basket filled with goodies made us feel right at home.


We ended the first evening playing Apples to Apples and Phase 10!!



No comments:

Post a Comment