Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Colin Time

I drove up to Moscow on Tuesday to watch Colin play soccer!  
I really enjoy the Moscow Soccer program - everyone plays twice a week!  The teams have both boys and girls on them and no one keeps an official score.  Christine's (a fellow LaTrek) granddaughter played on the opposing team and Duane told me that she's quite famous in the Moscow soccer world.  

We couldn't miss her - those pink shorts and blond hair.  She made several goals for her team.
The game was quickly forgotten after we enjoyed Anne's homemade Turkey Wild Rice soup, fresh veggies and HoneyCrisp Apples for dessert.  Colin had a lot of things to do before bed, such as homework, shower, computer time, bath, piano practice, and reading time.  He buzzed through the homework and sat still for 45 minutes of piano practice with me.  This week he learned to play Beethoven's Ode to Joy and has already memorized it.  We played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star together and practiced the note flash cards over and over.  We even managed to continue our knitting lessons.




Colin's quite patient with the process and we did several rows together last night.  I was 60 years old before I learned how to knit and I was impressed at his patience and ability to stick to it.  This morning he knitted a whole row by himself!  We are determined to finish this little scarf for Odie!
Love the red shoes - Jacob's hand me downs!




No comments:

Post a Comment