Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I love the color Red!  Perhaps that's why I cannot get rid of the Christmas Pointsettias still flourishing in my house. I guess they look ok with the spring tulips!  


I treasured the candy kiss on my pillow from Colin!  Such a sweet memory from a sweet grandson.
I spent the day baking and delivering cookies - first to the staff and residents at Juniper Meadows.

I spent some time in the dining room pouring coffee and catching up on the latest news.  The residents were happy to be in the dining room because they've been quarantined for several days to prevent a major flu outbreak.  I really miss the daily interaction with them.  I enjoyed a quick visit with Larry - delivered cookies but also asked "how is my money doing?"  I don't know how he keeps track of everyone's money and then reassures them every time they visit!  Amazing.  Next I spent time with my friend Carol Emery and her Tuesday Stitchers Group!  Gratefully, knitters are welcome too.  Then it was on to St. Stan's to help Cheryl Hart plan her mother's funeral.  I love to hear the stories - her mother devoted many years to managing the baked food booth for the Fall Bazaar!  Storytelling always seems to help ease those waves of grief that people experience during the funeral planning process.  I got to hear more stories at the O'Shaughnessy's and ended the day taking Bradleigh to her piano lesson.  I'm grateful for the day filled with my favorite color, food, friends, and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment