Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Friday, August 10, 2012

Bike Trip on the Coeur d'Alene Trail

My sister, Connie, received a new bicycle for Christmas so Karen and I made a date to ride with her on the Coeur d'Alene Trail.  It is one of many rails to trails, built on former Railroad beds.  We parked in Heyburn State Park with a goal to ride to Harrison and have ice cream.  It took us awhile to get her new bike loaded on my rack and before we even got to Moscow we decided we'd better stop at Follett's and get another bar so our bikes would ride well together.  Good thing we did, because my bike tires were almost flat and the young man ensured our bikes were secure on the rack.

More than just the ride, Karen, Connie and I needed some special sister time






It was a glorious day and we decided to take our time so we stopped and took lots of pictures.




Ah, sweet Success!


We enjoyed Salmon Caesar Salads at the Gateway Marina


Not only did we have a great ride, we had time to reflect on our blessings, share concerns about our children, and plan our next Sister's Weekend.

A highlight for me was listening to Connie tell Garry how much she enjoyed the day.  "When we first started all I could do was look down at the path, but on the way back to the State Park, I looked around and noticed the Lake and all the beautiful scenery.  And my butt is not even sore."   

No comments:

Post a Comment