Utah State Parks

Utah State Parks
Hiking Wild Horse Canyon

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Drip System

I spend a lot of money on annual flowers.   I guess is it my obsession - some people spend money on lattes, or make-up, or jewelry, or shoes.  An elderly neighbor asked me recently how much I spend on the flowers in my yard.  I told her, "a lot."  I consider watering my annuals in pots part of my summer recreation and therapy.  There's just something special about sharing in God's creation and making the garden of my home a place of beauty.  I'm humbled when people walk by and tell me how much they enjoy all my flowers!  Truly it's God's gift that I just nurture along with a little water and fertilizer!

Having all these annual flowers made going on vacation a little troublesome for me.  I hired friends and neighbors the take good care of them and I paid them well over the past 10 years.  I guess I just figured it out - hiring someone to put in a drip system is about the same as paying someone to water the flowers in the summer time.  So, today, two young men are busy installing my new drip system!















They put up little flags in all the pots and then began digging up the old valves and installed another one!  Gratefully, I had one station left on my sprinkler system!








These little babies will no longer suffer from my neglect and I won't have to rely on my neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment